Aurus 9WA / Air Support-Trainer
Aurus 9WA is a device to improve the continuous air pressure for all kind of wind instruments.
Aurus 9WA (WIND AFTER) can be attached directly to any wind instrument with the help of a clip and / or a rubber band and so the player can make a quick change and follow their (immediate) progress more easily than ever. The player gets the opportunity to practice fingerings at the same time to specifically train the AIR SUPPORT, after the beginning of the blow, after any kind of articulation and many more.
A stepless adjustable screw can be operated to regulate the required air pressure. An LED lights up continuous. If the support is irregular, the LED reacts accordingly by not lighting up evenly.
The blowing strength can be regulated by an adjustable screw.
-Suitable for all wind instruments.
– Attach the Aurus 9WA to your wind instrument near the mouthpiece.
– By blowing on a thin, flexible spring steel blade (being the minus pole) and an infinitely variable contact pin with a battery-operated LED (being the plus pole) the circuit will be closed.
– There should be a maximum distance of 7 through 10 centimeters between your lips and the Aurus 9WA.
– After playing any articulated or note or legatos the LED should stay lit up as long as blown correctly (depending on the distance between the spring steel blade and the contact pin up to two bars or even longer (4 through 8 seconds)).
If not immediately successful, increase the airflow velocity. By the use of the contact pin you can certainly adjust the distance once more.
– In the case of breathing incorrectly, wrong air support is the consequence and the circuit will be interrupted. Thus, the LED will turn off or flicker. That way you can observe whether the air support was held or not.
– You can train the air support with the instrument and licks at the same time (specific parts of a musical song or exercise for example).
– If you are a beginner I would suggest to bring the contact pin into the »0« position (completely fastened) and rotate it every second day by a half-turn towards the »+« sign (so that the contact pin is loose) until you have found the right air velocity.
The distance, thus, the air velocity can be always adjusted for a better training.